WAMALUG: Meeting: December 4, 1999The Atrium
1530 North Key Boulevard
Jeff made the original meeting announcement on lugnet.org.us:
Hello Everyone! This is the Official WAMALUG Announcement for the December Meeting. It will be Located in Rosslyn VA, and take place on Saturday, December 4, at 10:00 am. The meeting will last until we get too tired to continue, or when our families call the police to report us missing. ;)
We Hope to see you there!
Announcements were made to rec.toys.lego on November 27th and December 1st as well. Stephen began his reaction to the meeting in the 1106th message to the mailing list this way:
...So what can I say? The meeting went _GREAT_!!! For all you poor souls who were not able to make it, u missed the best meeting ever!
- Kevin’s black Metroliner (and that it met its doom at least twice that I recall).
- Cletus’ road and rail trucks.
- Tom, the master carpenter, making cool tables to set up on (and bringing hundreds of feet of track to boot!)
- The bridges!! They were spectacular.
- Sitting under the tables and hearing the trains run overhead.
- Millions and millions of bricks.
- Rich’s pet shop out of freestyle (I don’t know, I just liked it). :-)
- The mouse train running around and around under the bridges.
- Cletus winning the
Yes, I actually drove 2+ hours to come to the meeting and yes I am insaneaward.
- Eric’s fire and rescue equipment.
- A table and half full of trains, trucks, cars, and all kinds of other great things (and I mean full… like packed side-by-side across the whole thing).
- Wondering if Jenn and Dan were dead (they actually were able to avoid rushing over until nearly eleven o’clock—I figured they’d be there at, say… 6 a.m.?)
A little prompting afterwards led to the recognition of additional highlights:
- The “Paradisa side of town” complete with its own level crossing (yes, a pink train crossing!)
- A real 2000 catalog! (Thanks, Jeff!)
- Death to squeaky train wheels (Jeff promises to fix them).
- Derek goes Homemaker on us.
The description from the previous edition of the web site based on Stephen’s message has been only slightly edited.
…back to the top of the page