WAMALUG: Meeting: August 4, 2001George Mason University
Arlington Original Building
3401 North Fairfax Drive
Christina made the original announcement of the meeting on lugnet.org.us.wamalug and in the 7977th message to the mailing list.
Abe reported on the meeting in the 8089th message to the mailing list:
This was a huge gathering. I can’t remember much but here are some highlights that I can recall…
- Bob showed up with a huge space ship - similar in concept to the Space 1999 Eagle - working doors - swappable payload bays - huge blue windshield - very heavy - very cool!
- Butch built the Bionicle Manas - remote control - two of them! - I/R good across the entire room - three separate channels and a master override channel - an aggressive crab with tank tracks!
- Jason and Aaron (and/or Magnus) blew up a lot of things playing BrikWars (I wasn’t paying attention to who was attacking who).
- Tom built the expansion kit to the Cybermaster - large black plane - when you picked it up, the landing gear automatically retracted and the wings went from VTOL to level flight - touch sensor reversed it - very cool design!
- Dan was taking pictures of brick plates with designs.
- Some brick trading went on. I think this should be encouraged.
- K8 was dumped in the middle of the room and you can guess the rest.
That’s all I can remember. Lots of cool stuff. Lots of fun!
Abe reported, in the 2016th message to the members-only mailing list, that the short business meeting never achieved a quorum.
…back to the top of the page