WAMALUG: Meeting: February 6, 2000The Atrium
1530 North Key Boulevard
Jeff made the original announcement of the meeting to lugnet.org.us.wamalug
The last dress rehearsal for our first show. Stephen had an enthusiastic report the next day:
...Well, I loved the meeting yesterday, I dont know about use guys! Anyway, send me your notes and impressions from yesterday so I can put them on the page. Dont forget to also do any last minute work for the WAMALUG times (Martha, I want to make a mini ad for the Cafe! :-).... Todd! Make a little LUGNET ad for the LUGNET tower!
and offered his list of highlights:
- Green tables!
- The eye-full tower with 1/2′ clearance to the ceiling :-)
- Jeff’s giant castle and millions of soldiers.
- A full mainstreet.
- A beautiful metroliner that was almost as long as the table (how many cars was it?)
- Tom’s wife’s scared of us! :-)
- Dan and Chris’s automated platform loader.
- LEGO® skate park.
- Tom’s B-engine for the metroliner.
- Another tub of things to sort through.
Chris offered a correction about his and Dan’s structure:
it’s actually a container transfer crane. :)
and had his own list of highlights:
- Jeff’s mom making us table skirts
- getting my models stuck in a cardboard box and having to rip the box apart
- the college
- meeting Will
- the sheer number of tiles we have on the layout
- the amount of black Technic Rich owns
- getting two extra exhibitor passes
A selection from Dan’s photographs:
…back to the top of the page