WAMALUG: Meeting: August 19, 2000The Atrium
1530 North Key Boulevard
Stephen reported on the meeting in the 6266th message to the mailing list:
…Well, that was a great meeting yesterday. Hope everyone had as good a time as I did!
Things we did:
- We spend most of the morning and noonish time just sitting round the table building things. Kevin built the Millenium Falcon. Bob built a real nice replica of a train engine. I built a soccer bus. We all just chatted and tinkered.
- After lunch, we talked and set up BrikWars. Jason built a great looking prison model and we all attacked it and caused havoc. Christina, Nathan, Jason, Jeff, Kevin, and myself played, and everyone else watched, with lots of distruction and mayhem. :-) There will be more reports on this soon—and check out Dan’s pics! :-)
- Then we conveyed down to The Store for some shopping time and to raid the damages table. [We picked up Rich here.] Me thinks most of us spent way too much money. :-)
- Then we waited an hour at Macaroni’s to eat. Some of us played soccer at the bar to pass time. But when we still hadn’t eaten, we called Buffie and had her order some pizzas for us.
- Then it was on to Buffsters for pizza, booze, and LEGO®— great way to end the evening. :-)
- Dan’s pics of the event include spiffy movies.
- Getting to touch Bob’s amazing Hyperspace Dart (finally, a use for insectoid light and sound pieces!)
- Nathan’s sky ship (check out movies from Dan’s site!)
- Kevin rebuilt the LEGO® Star Wars 7190 Millenium Falcon into a BIG GUN for BrikWars.
- Milimy the Destroyer.
- Christina’s excellent rebuild of her gray castle.
- Denise trying to sell Jason on her condo.
- Jeff and his Optimus Prime destroyer mecha.
- Rich’s way cool train tunnel/mountain.
- Jenn & Dan the sorting, parts-listing machine (and Jenn’s mutilated brick).
- Abe with the Big Haul at The Store
- Buffie the Soccer pusher
Nathan reminded everyone of another activity:
Don’t forget the fun with the pull-back motor carnage. =) Somebody (I think it was Kevin) came up with an idea for a kid’s show called Larry’s Hopper Cars or something like that, I thought that was hilarious. =)
Stephen followed up:
For those who missed this fun, Kevin and I were sitting on opposite sides of the room with a ramp in the middle. One would pull back the motor and send it to the ramp, the other would throw one of the LEGO® soccer balls trying to hit the poor defenseless motor while it was in the air. It was hilarious! Pieces flying everywhere! More destruction than BrikWars!!
…back to the top of the page